If you’re following a gluten and dairy-free lifestyle and are looking for some delicious soup ideas, here are the 25 best gluten and dairy-free soup recipes to keep you warm and nourished this season.
Soup holds a very special place in my heart. It is the one food that connects me to childhood more than any other, simply because soup was an essential part of Romanian life. The idea of starting lunch without soup was unthinkable. It just wasn’t done. Every household anywhere had pots of soup simmering nearly every day.
So today we’re talking about soup. And if you’re following a gluten and dairy free lifestyle, you’re in luck as I’ve gathered 25 of the best gluten and dairy free soup recipes and want to share them with you all. But before we get to them, let’s talk about soup. How it impacts digestion and why it’s really, REALLY good for you.
How soup affects digestion
Raw vegetables are great. They’re healthy, nutritious but often times taxing on the body. And because we don’t properly break down raw vegetables, some of the nutrients never actually make it into the system. However, once vegetables are cooked in broth and combined with spices and herbs, they become bio-available and easy on digestion.
Benefits of eating soup regularly
Your body will be quite happy if you’re consuming soup regularly, for a few reasons.
- Easy on digestion
- Warming for the body
- A good way to eat a lot of vegetables
- Customizable and versatile
- A great way to use up not so perfect vegetables
- An inexpensive meal
Soup is the perfect meal
The great thing about soup is that it can be broth based and light, or almost stew like and filling. It can make for a perfect appetizer or an actual meal.
25 Best gluten and dairy free soup recipes
Whether you’re looking for a light soup that’s hydrating and easy on digestion or a comforting meal this list has got you covered. So let’s get to these amazing soup recipes that are all gluten and dairy free and easy on digestion.
1. When you’re in the mood for a comforting, creamy and nutritious soup, try this beautiful Turmeric Roasted Carrot Soup from Wicked Spatula.
2. For all the Keto people out there, this soup has got you covered. Here is a beautiful Low Carb Vegetable Soup from Wholesome Yum.
3. You can forget takeout with this flavorful Paleo Pho Recipe from The Things Well Made. A wonderful low carb alternative to traditional Pho.
4. The Instant Pot is magical isn’t it? Check out this speedy Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup recipe from Vegan Huggs.
5. If you’re following a vegan and gluten free lifestyle, this Vegan + Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup from Strength and Sunshine is for you. Allergy-friendly and delicious.
6. If you’re looking for a healing soup, look no further than this Carrot and Ginger Soup with a Twist from Studio Botanica.
7. Looking for ways to use up leftover rotisserie chicken? This Thai Coconut Soup with Chicken and Lemongrass will do the trick.
8. If you want gorgeous color and amazing taste, you need to whip up this flavorful Beet, Apple, Carrot and Ginger Vegan Soup from Just Beet It.
9. A mouthwatering flavor packed Mexican Meatball Soup with Butternut Squash from The Organic Kitchen is a complete meal!
10. Here is a flavor-packed Sweet Potato Peanut Soup from Veggie Lexi. A must make for cold days.
11. Get your Instant Pot ready because you’re going to love this fantastic, flavorful Vegan Instant Pot Mexican White Bean Soup from Moon and Spoon and Yum.
12. A vegan, satisfying rich and creamy soup that’s ready in under 30 minutes. Vegan Cauliflower Soup from My Pure Plants
13. Another delicious Instant Pot favorite! Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup from Hungry Hobby is delicious and easy to make.
14. Loving this antioxidant-rich and tasty Golden Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup from The Recipe Well to warm you up this winter season.
15. Because Cauliflower is sort of fantastic, here is another fabulous soup recipe. Creamy Cauliflower & Sunflower Seed Blended Soup from My Tiny Laguna Kitchen.
16. This amazing tomato soup is as beautiful as it is delicious. Check out this Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup from Crowded Kitchen.
17. Love making soup in the slow cooker? This recipe is for you! A delicious Cabbage Roll Soup from The Rising Spoon can be made in the slow cooker or stove top.
18. Here is a quick 5 ingredient Tomato Egg Drop Soup from Oh Snap Let’s Eat that’s sure to wow you.
19. And if you want a rich and hearty soup, dig into this tasty Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup from The Healthy Christian Home .
20. You may just wow your guests with this gorgeous Vegan Roasted Beet Soup with Cashew Cream from Foodal.
21. Love mushrooms and walnuts? Then you’re going to love this soup. Check out this Delicious Mushroom and Walnut Soup from Mrs. Jones’s Kitchen.
22. Here is a beautiful paleo, GAPS and whole 30 soup that’s hearty and nourishing. Beef & Kale Soup in the Instant Pot from Raia’s Recipes.
23. A creamy, rich and satisfying soup that also happens to be vegan! Check out this Vegan Corn Chowder from Rhian’s Recipes.
24. When you’re looking for a traditional comforting soup, look no further than Grandma’s Chicken Soup From Scratch from Fearless Dining.
25. And let’s finish it off with a kick from this Red Curry Cauliflower Rice Vegetable Soup in the Instant Pot from Green Scheme.
Whether you’re following a gluten free and dairy free lifestyle or just love delicious soups, you’re going to love this amazing roundup of the 25 best gluten and dairy free soups!
All you have to do now is get cooking!