Here is a quick and simple tutorial on How to Make Keto Cauliflower Rice. All you need is cauliflower and a food processor.
Remember the days of AIM? As in AOL Instant Messenger? I miss those days. Simply saying the word (or acronym to be exact) and I'm instantly transported to my college days. Ah, those days of carefully crafted away messages, when it was imperative that everyone knew when you were getting a shower or had a sandwich or were feeling blue. Things were simple then.
Some days I crave that simplicity. Days when I didn't have a rectangle attached to my hand more often than I care to admit. When social media was still relatively obscure and The Real World was about as real as reality TV got. I'm really dating myself here, huh?
Did you ever consider back then that we would have phones that will unlock by recognizing our retinas? I certainly didn't. And did you ever consider that we would be making rice out of cauliflower? Hello no! No one did! But here we are, and this is cauliflower rice!
I've been making recipes with caulirice for some time and while I've been dropping instructions here and there in various recipes, I figured it was time I put up a proper way of making one of the most versatile side dishes.
See, recently I've had to keep grains at a distance as they do bother me. I've eliminated oatmeal entirely but will have rice and quinoa occasionally. They're no longer staple parts of my diet, and I've noticed a remarkable improvement. So cauliflower rice is a great alternative.
So here we go. Instructions for the most basic way of making cauliflower rice without much fuss.
How to Make Keto Cauliflower Rice
- Very easy to make
- Delicious and nutritious
- A low-carb alternative to rice
- Keto, Paleo and Whole 30 approved
- Versatile and customizable
- Extra virgin olive oil
All you need for making Keto cauliflower rice is just a food processor and a skillet.
Making Keto Cauliflower Rice
Step 1. Tear or cut all florets from the cauliflower head.
Step 2. Toss cauliflower florets in the food processor and pulse a few times until you reach rice-like consistency.
Step 3. Preheat a medium skillet and add oil and cauliflower rice. Cook the rice for 6-7 minutes, stirring a few times. Serve right away.
FAQs + Top Tips
Does Keto Mean Low Carb?
Yes, the Keto (Ketogenic) diet is a diet low in carbohydrates and this cauliflower rices is low-carb, keto and paleo.
How Do You Get Cauliflower Into Rice Consistency?
I like using a food processor as it takes just a few seconds to pulse the cauliflower florets.
What If You Don't Have A Food Processor?
You can easily make cauliflower rice using a box grater if you don't have a food processor.
How To Store Cauliflower Rice?
You can freeze the cauliflower rice prior to cooking it by storing it in an airtight container. If you will use the cauliflower rice in a week or so, you can just store it in a bag or airtight container in the refrigerator.
Cauliflower Rice Recipes You May Like
- Lemon Shrimp with Asparagus and Cauliflower Rice
- Air Fryer Shrimp Fajita Bowl (Keto, Stovetop Option)
- Cauliflower Rice, Sausage and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- ½ head cauliflower
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Tear or cut all florets from the cauliflower head.
- Toss cauliflower florets in the food processor and pulse a few times until you reach rice-like consistency.
- Preheat a medium skillet and add oil and cauliflower rice. Cook the rice for 6-7 minutes, stirring a few times. Serve right away.
1. To double up on the recipe, simply use the entire head of cauliflower but pulse ½ at a time as you will end up with mushy rice if you add too much at once.
2. You can skip the cooking part and simply store cauliflower rice in the refrigerator in an airtight bag or container for up to two weeks or freeze the rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 603mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g