A basic omelette recipe that requires just 3 ingredients. This Omelette With Avocado And Greens is a perfect breakfast or lunch when you want something quick yet nutritious.
I grew up eating omelettes primarily for lunch. Ironic as it may seem, you'd never find an omelette or fried egg at breakfast in Romania. Soft boiled eggs, absolutely - they were a staple. But omelettes were always reserved for lunch - typically with a side of home made french fries and creamed spinach. Why lunch and not breakfast? I have absolutely no idea, but it was unheard of that a lot of effort would be put into breakfast. It was mostly fresh bread with jam, cheese, loaf cakes baked previously or soft boiled eggs.
I've continued that tradition into my adult years. While I can and do on occasion eat eggs for breakfast, I typically reserve them for lunch. And like nothing more than whisking a few eggs with salt and pepper, adding them to a pan and whipping up a speedy simple omelette. Avocado and greens work perfectly with eggs and are the ideal companion for today's very simple recipe.
It requires just 3 ingredients and is super easy to make. All you need are eggs, salt and pepper, some fresh greens if you wish, and avocado. You'll feel full, your blood sugar will be stable and you won't need to have a snack an hour later when you would have otherwise crashed.
About This Recipe:
- It's Keto friendly
- Easy to make
- Nutritious + delicious
- Sprouts of your choice (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper (it’s a small touch but freshly ground is so much better)
- Optional: sriracha sauce for drizzling
Let's Make It
Step 1. Preheat frying over medium heat. In bowl, whisk together eggs, slat and pepper.
Step 2. Add oil to the skillet and pour in egg mixture. Evenly distribute it throughout the skillet. Let cook for 2 minutes until set then flip and cook for another 1 minute until that side is set.
Step 3. To assemble, place omelette on plate, add sprouts and avocado slices and fold over in half. Serve right away.
* Optional, drizzle sriracha over top.
FAQs + Tips
When it comes to making a good omelette, all you need is a few basic ingredients and a simple technique. It's not intimidating and anyone can master it.
How To Make The Perfect Omelette?
There is really not much to making an omelette aside from eggs salt and pepper. Beating the eggs for a few seconds but not too much, will give the omelette a pillowy texture. Adding salt and pepper to the eggs before cooking will also ensure that your omelette is properly seasoned throughout and not just at the end.
What Is The Best Skillet For An Omelette?
Non-stick is key. I love using a skillet with ceramic coating. It’s non-stick, easy to clean and will result in the perfect omelette every time. A good wide spatula will ensure you flip your omelette seamlessly, unless you’ve mastered the art of flipping omelettes in the air.
What Keto Can Omelettes Be Filled With?
But if you want to get more creative, feel free to sauteed vegetables to the omelette. Onion, pepper, spinach, and mushrooms all make great companions. If you’re not dairy-free, feel free to add cheese.
More Recipes You Might Like
- How to Cook a Perfect Soft Boiled Egg
- Sweet Potato Toast with Egg and Avocado
- Easy Zoodles Recipe with Avocado Walnut Pesto and Egg
- Keto Deviled Eggs with Avocado
3 Ingredient Avocado and Greens Omelette
- 2 eggs
- ½ avocado, sliced
- sprouts of your choice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch salt
- pinch freshly ground pepper (it’s a small touch but freshly ground is so much better)
- optional: sriracha sauce for drizzling
1. Preheat frying over medium heat. In bowl, whisk together eggs, slat and pepper.
2. Add olive oil to the pan and pour in egg mixture. Evenly distribute it throughout the pan. Let cook for 2 minutes until set then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until that side is set.
3. To assemble, place omelette on plate, add sprouts and avocado slices and fold over in half.
4. Optional, drizzle sriracha over top.
I enjoy perusing your site. Many thanks!
Thank you! I appreciate that!
I'd like to find out more? I'd care to find out more
Sure, what can I help with?