This post is a paid partnership with Naturacentric. All opinions expressed are my own.
These Healthy Grain-Free Cranberry Pumpkin Spice Muffins are excellent for breakfast or as a sweet yet healthy treat any time of the day.
- Grain Free Cranberry Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- What’s In Pumpkin Spice Honey?
- Do You Need Pumpkin For These Muffins?
- Ingredients List
- Making Healthy Grain Free Cranberry Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Tips and Substitutions
- Storing Cranberry Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Serve With Suggestions
- More Muffin Recipes You Might Like
Pumpkin spice is a bit like Kombucha, in my opinion. You either love it or hate it. I happen to love it. But only in Fall. Sure, it would probably be perfectly fine at any other time of the year, but there is something about pumpkin spice that feels right when the weather turns cooler.
I’d say this fondness of pumpkin spice started back when I tasted my very first pumpkin spice muffin, some 25 years ago, on a crisp Fall day, shortly after moving to the States.
It was an unfamiliar flavor to me…the pumpkin spice and muffin. Up to that point I’d had plenty of cinnamon in pumpkin recipes my grandparents had made but never in combination with the fragrant spices that make up the quintessential pumpkin spice.
So to help celebrate this cooler season and bring some Fall flavor into my kitchen, I’ve teamed up once again with my favorite honey company Naturacentric, to bring you some healthy and delicious grain-free cranberry pumpkin spice muffins using their incredibly delicious and tasty Pumpkin Spice Infused Raw Honey.
Grain Free Cranberry Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, vegetarian
- Ready in less than 25 minutes
- Perfect for breakfast or as a snack
- Only honey-sweetened
- Are a healthier alternative to traditional pumpkin spice muffins
What’s In Pumpkin Spice Honey?
So the beauty of pumpkin spice-infused honey is that all the wonderful pumpkin spice flavors are already mixed in the honey, saving you extra work. And it’s made up of simply raw honey and an organic pumpkin spice blend.
Do You Need Pumpkin For These Muffins?
Yes, that’s actually what gives the muffins their moist texture and makes them velvety soft. I recommend organic canned pumpkin to make your life easier, but if you prefer to roast your own and puree, that’s fine too. However you get there, just make sure you have 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree available.
- Almond flour
- Almond butter
- Coconut Flour
- Pumpkin spice honey
- Coconut oil
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Pumpkin puree
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Dried cranberries
Making Healthy Grain Free Cranberry Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin tin with parchment paper baking cups or grease your tin with coconut oil. Alternatively, use silicone reusable ones.
Step 2. Combine almond butter, pumpkin puree, honey, melted coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
Step 3. In a separate bowl, combine almond and coconut flours, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and give them a stir.
Step 4. Add dry ingredients to wet ones and whisk well. Fold in dried cranberries with a spatula and fill the muffin cups about 3/4 of the way.
Step 5. Bake on the top rack for 23-25 minutes. I find 23 to be the ideal time for metal muffin tins.
Tips and Substitutions
If you can’t find dried cranberries or don’t like them, feel free to substitute with raisins or alternatively chocolate chips (because no one complaints about chocolate, right??).
Bake Muffins On The Top Rack
I find that location really matters when it comes to baking. The top rack is the best place to avoid burned muffins. Also, try not to open the oven at all while the muffins are baking as this will alter the temperature. At 23 minutes, you can insert a clean toothpick in the center muffin and if it comes out clean, the muffins are done. If not, then bake for another 2 minutes. But I find 23 minutes to be ideal.
Fresh vs. Canned Pumpkin Puree
That’s entirely up to you. If you’re motivated to make your own pumpkin puree, wonderful! I like sticking with organic canned pumpkin as that works out perfectly every time!
Storing Cranberry Pumpkin Spice Muffins
These muffins will store well at room temperature for several days. If you don’t plan on eating them right away, refrigerate or alternatively freeze and defrost them.
Serve With Suggestions
These make for an excellent breakfast or snack and pair well with coffee or tea. I like to have them with additional pumpkin spice honey or some creamy vegan butter.
More Muffin Recipes You Might Like
- Paleo Collagen Muffins Three Ways
- Paleo Cardamom Carrot Muffins
- 30 Gluten and Dairy-Free Muffins Recipes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin tin with parchment paper baking cups or grease your tin with coconut oil. Alternatively, use silicone reusable ones.
2. Combine almond butter, pumpkin puree, honey, melted coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, combine almond and coconut flours, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and give them a stir.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ones and whisk well. Fold in dried cranberries with a spatula and fill the muffin cups about 3/4 of the way.
5. Bake on the top rack for 23-25 minutes. I find 23 to be the ideal time for metal muffin tins.
6. Let muffins completely on a wire rack or eat them while warm.
Muffins can be stored at room temperature in an air-tight container for several days.
* To Receive 20% off this or any Naturacentric honey, use the code CALMEATS and checkout
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Simply Organic Vanilla Extract, Certified Organic | 4 oz
Decas Farms Organic Premium Dried Cranberries, 5-Ounce
Wholesome Yum Premium Organic Coconut Flour (16 oz / 1 lb) - Gluten Free, Non GMO, Keto Friendly Flour Substitute For Low Carb Baking
Wholesome Yum Premium Super Fine Blanched Almond Flour (16 oz / 1 lb) - Gluten Free, Non GMO, Keto Friendly Flour Substitute For Low Carb Baking
Pumpkin Spice Infused Local Raw Honey
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 6g