This vegan, calming pumpkin spice moon milk latte is flavorful, delicious and filled with anti-inflammatory spices.
There’s always a point in August when I feel a certain click of the seasons. Though fall is still a month away, golden sunsets happen at a much earlier hour. Katydids and grasshoppers fill the early evenings with their song, and the once vibrant green of early summer now a more mature, deep hue. It’s all at once thrilling to move into a new phase and also heart wrenching. I’ve grown accustomed to cut-offs and bare feet. I’m not sure I’m yet ready for sweaters and socks.
But one thing I am ready for is fall food. Don’t get me wrong, I love grilling, making quick meals and refreshing salads. But I miss slow-braised food slowly sizzling in the oven, stews, and soups. And while I make warm drinks all year long, I do genuinely look forward to all things pumpkin. And if you’re a pumpkin lover, I think you’re going to appreciate this velvety, rich and flavorful pumpkin spice moon milk latte. It’s a perfect drink in the middle of a harried day when you need to slow down, or right before bed to help with sleep.
Pumpkin Spice Moon Milk Latte is:
- A coffee or tea alternative
- Ready in minutes
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Moon Milk Latte
I tried this recipe with only spices and found it was okay. But frankly, you need the extra boost of flavor and creaminess from the pumpkin puree. It creates a nice velvety texture that just rolls on your tongue. I was actually quite amazed at what a simple tablespoon of pumpkin can do! Whether you use fresh or canned is your choice. I went with canned.
When it comes to pumpkin spice, a little goes a long way. All you need to give this pumpkin latte flavor is a 1/4 tsp. If you can’t find pumpkin spice in store, you can easily make your own with this simple 4 ingredient recipe.
What makes this pumpkin spice moon milk, a moon milk, is ashwaganda. Ashwaganda is commonly used for stress relief, anxiety and sleep. It’s also known as an adaptogen, which helps the body adapt to stress.
Ginger and Turmeric
To give this moon milk an anti-oxidant kick, I added in turmeric and ginger for flavor and color. Ginger and Turmeric are both powerful spices. If you want to read more about the benefits of Turmeric and Ginger, you can find them here and here.
I know it may sound strange to add pepper to a moon milk, but you don’t need much. A little pinch goes a long way to help with the absorption of turmeric.
While pumpkin spice already contains cinnamon, I love the taste and flavor of it, so I wanted to add just a little more. If you want it more intense, feel free to add more, but I went with only 1/8 tsp to balance out all the flavors.
I prefer vanilla flavored almond milk, but you can use the milk of your choice, whether it’s oat, coconut, cashew. If you want an extra hint of flavor, you can always add a 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract to the latte.
For flavor and creaminess, add just a little coconut oil. 1/2-1 tsp will create a nice thick foam you typically expect from a frothy latte.
Equipment for Pumpkin Spice Moon Milk Latte
- Small sauce pan
Making Pumpkin Spice Moon Milk Latte
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add to blender, blend for 20 seconds and serve right away.
Other Drink Recipes you may enjoy
- Cardamom Moon Milk
- Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Latte
- Hormone Balancing Hot Chocolate with Maca and Cinnamon
- Matcha and Moringa Latte
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat until bubbly then transfer to a blender and blend for 20 seconds until frothy.
- Serve right away.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Farmers Market Pumpkin Puree 100% Organic 3x15oz
- Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - Unrefined Cold Pressed Plant Based Oil for Hair, Skin & Cooking, 14 Oz
- Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon, Certified Organic, Vegan | 2.08 oz | Cinnamomum verum J. Presl
- Healthworks Ginger Powder (8 Ounces) | Ground | Raw | All-Natural & Certified Organic | Keto, Vegan & Non-GMO | Great with Coffee, Tea & Juices | Antioxidant Superfood/Spice
- Organic Turmeric Root Powder w/ Curcumin | Lab Tested for Purity | 100% Raw from India | 8oz/226g Resealable Kraft Bag | by FGO
- Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder | 16oz Resealable Kraft Bag (1lb) | 100% Raw from India | by FGO